The most important thing you can do when you want to buy a shirt that will keep you cool in the summer is to make sure it’s cool. Make sure you always purchase shirts that feature open vents. Even though it may seem strange, an open-vented shirt allows for better air circulation, thereby keeping you cooler. A loose shirt should also be chosen whenever possible. A lot of shirts available are too tight fitting, causing negative airflow. It will make you feel hot and uncomfortable and may influence your decision to want to choose something else.
Furthermore, I recommend that you consider the color of the shirt you have purchased. Dark-colored shirts are a mistake that many people make. The heat that is generated by these objects will only make you feel uncomfortable throughout the day as you go about your daily business. Buying a light color shirt will keep you cooler in the heat, so if you can avoid buying a dark shirt, you should be able to.
This is especially true when you consider the numerous options’ drastically different price ranges and quality ranges. Check out the list of the top cooling and moisture-wicking shirts below to beat the summer heat instead of wasting most of your day choosing between so many different shirts, each claiming to be the best and keeping you cool.
|1||Arctic Cool Men’s Crew Neck…||8.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Dickies mens Short Sleeve Performance…||9.65||Buy on Amazon|
|3||32 DEGREES Mens Cool Quick…||9.75||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Men’s Cooling Ice Silk Running…||8.60||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Hanes mens Sport Cool Dri…||9.50||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Men’s Quick Dry Fit Dri-Fit…||9.85||Buy on Amazon|
|7||Hanes Men’s Long Sleeve Cool…||8.25||Buy on Amazon|
|8||A4 Long Sleeve Cooling Performance…||9.75||Buy on Amazon|
|9||Dickies mens Temp-iq Performance Cooling…||9.00||Buy on Amazon|
|10||Under Armour Men’s Tech 2.0…||7.90||Buy on Amazon|
Best cooling shirt With Specifications
1. Arctic Cool Men’s Crew Neck Instant Cooling Moisture Wicking Performance UPF 50+ Short Sleeve Shirt | Lightweight Breathable Tshirt for Running, Workout, Exercise, Fishing, Storm Grey, XL
- ✔ MORE THAN MOISTURE WICKING – As you begin to sweat, the advanced HydroFreeze X fabric wicks moisture away from your skin while also dispersing it throughout. It’s lightweight, breathable and quick drying. When combined with airflow, Arctic Cool’s EXCLUSIVE HydroFreeze X Fabric design acts as a radiator and INSTANTLY COOLS your body through controlled evaporation…NATURALLY. Now you can do what you love…more easily, longer and comfortably!
- ✔ LIGHTWEIGHT BREATHABLE AND COMFORTABLE – Made with an athletic cut 4-way stretch polyester and spandex fabric blend, the Arctic Cool Men’s Crew Neck Instant Cooling Short Sleeve Shirt provides a greater range of motion for any activity. For a looser fit choose a size up! Now you can keep cool AND stay active!
- ✔ PERFECT FOR ANY ACTIVITY – With Arctic Cool Moisture Wicking Instant Cooling Athletic Shirts for men you can be your best and most comfortable for running, exercise, golf, yoga, fishing, hiking, camping, gardening, walking, biking, beach, boating and anytime you need maximum comfort and cooling. It even works great as a moisture wicking undershirt!
- ✔ SUN PROTECTION IS STANDARD – With moisture wicking and instant cooling apparel that is rated with UPF 50+ Sun Protection, wear your shirt doing the activities you love while being protected from the sun’s harmful rays! Perfect for exercise, running, golf, yoga, fishing, hiking, camping, gardening, walking, beach, biking, and anywhere else you need maximum protection!
- ✔ ACTIVELY COOLS – Wear your shirt with confidence knowing that Arctic Cool’s HydroFreeze X Fabric keeps you comfortable. By utilizing a controlled evaporation process, your Arctic Cool Instant Cooling Crew Neck Shirt remains cool and dries fast. Easily keep fresh and cool while being your most comfortable!
Additional Info :
2. Dickies mens Short Sleeve Performance Cooling Tee Shirt, Dusty Blue, X-Large US
- Temp iq intelligent cooling for advance temperature control
- Wicking technology to move moisture away from the body, keeping you dry
- Raglan sleeves for improved mobility
- Ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) rating system measures the UV protection provided by the fabric
Additional Info :
3. 32 DEGREES Mens Cool Quick Dry Active Basic Crew T-Shirt, Black, X-Large
- FEATURES: Quick Dry, Anti Odor, 4 Way Stretch, Lightweight, Breathable, Soft Touch, Short Sleeve, Tag Free Label
- SLIM FIT: Please refer to photo size chart for chest, waist, hips, and length measurements. For body conscious slim fit, follow your size as on the chart. For a more forgiving relaxed fit, you should go 1 size up.
- FABRIC: 90% Polyester – 10% Spandex. Same great fabric as our popular 32COOL polos and boxer briefs. Lightweight knit jersey with a lot of stretch. Lightly brushed on both sides for added softness. Exceptionally durable construction that remains in-tact and color that doesn’t fade after multiple washes.
- ACTIVE, LOUNGE, OR OFFICE: The lightweight breathable quick-dry fabric and 4-way stretch fabric is comfortable for any activity. Perfect for working out, as an undershirt for work, or lounging at home.
- QUICK-DRY: Fabric quickly wicks away sweat from your body, keeping you dry, cool, and comfortable all day long. Perfect for any activity.
Additional Info :
4. Men’s Cooling Ice Silk Running Shirts Quick Dry Short Sleeve Athletic Gym T-Shirts UPF 50+ Outdoor Workout Tshirts (Black, X-Large)
- 【Soft & Comfortable Material】88%Nylon, 12%Spandex , Soft, quick-dry fabric with superior breathability and moisture.
- 【Ice Silk Material】This Short Sleeve has a perfect skin touch, ice silk material keeps you cold for all summer.Whether you are in fitness or life, you can feel the coolness brought by this shirts.
- 【Reflective design】The Gym T-shirts have Reflective Striped with arms and back elements enhance visibility in low light.
- 【Fit For Most Occisions】 These Short Sleeve For men are great for sports and gym, suit for yoga, running, cycling, dancing, cycling，power flex, fitiness, jumping rope, workout, travel and daily life.
- 【UPF50+ UV Moisture】This men’s short sleeve has a UPF50 + design to ensure that your skin is not sunburned by ultraviolet rays during sports travel.
Additional Info :
5. Hanes mens Sport Cool Dri Performance Tee fashion t shirts, Black, XX-Large US
- DRIES IN A FLASH – Cool DRI technology and Cool Comfort fabric for faster drying and maximum comfort.
- BUILT-IN SUN PROTECTION – Fabric has a UPF rating of 50+ for protection against harmful UV rays.
- FRESH ALL DAY – FreshIQ advanced odor protection technology fights odor-causing bacteria.
- FEEL-GOOD FABRIC – Poly interlock jersey feels light and silky against your skin.
- MADE FOR THE LONG RUN – Double-needle stitching in the neck, sleeves and hem for extra durability.
- BE SEEN – An array of colors, including neon brights, enhance visibility and safety when you’re out for a run, especially at dawn or dusk.
- QUALITY FABRIC – Hanes Sport moisture-wicking performance tee is made of 100% polyester jersey.
- COLD WATER WASH – Hanes recommends machine washing this performance t-shirt pack in cold water to help reduce energy consumption.
Additional Info :
6. Men’s Quick Dry Fit Dri-Fit Short Sleeve Active Wear Training Athletic Essentials Crew T-Shirt Fitness Gym Wicking Tee Workout Casual Sports Running Tennis Exercise Undershirt Top – 5 Pack,Set 1-XXL
- Moisture wicking fabric is quick-drying, ultra-soft & has a soft feel, keeping you comfortable through any athletic activity.
- Designed for a comfortable experience. Crew-neck provides a nonrestrictive fit; short-sleeve allows for a wider range of motion
- UPF 50+ provides protection from harmful UV rays
- Perfect for running, workout and training sports and even as an moisture wicking undershirt.
- Unique tag-free printed necks and light weight design,
Additional Info :
7. Hanes Men’s Long Sleeve Cool Dri T-Shirt UPF 50+, X-Large, 2 Pack ,Safety Green
- Lightweight 4 oz., 100% polyester jersey.
- Now available in a conveniently priced value-pack.
- Cool DRI t-shirt’s rapid-dry, interlock jersey knit wicks away moisture to keep things cool and comfortable.
- FreshIQ advanced odor protection technology attacks the odor-causing bacteria in his clothing that causes his clothes to smell – so now he can feel fresh all day.
- UPF rating of 40+ for protection against harmful UV rays.
- Set-in sleeves and ribbed crewneck keeps its shape wash after wash.
- Tagless neck label for comfort.
- Machine wash cold with like colors; remove promptly. Use only non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low. Cool iron if needed
Additional Info :
8. A4 Long Sleeve Cooling Performance Crew Shirt (N3165) Royal Blue, XL
- 100% Polyester Interlock.
- Stain release
- Ultra tight knit resists snagging
Additional Info :
9. Dickies mens Temp-iq Performance Cooling Long Sleeve T-shirt T Shirt, Burgundy Heather, Large US
- Smart temp wicking stain release
- Chest pocket w/ carpenter pencil division flat lock seams to reduce chafing reflective logo on pocket
Additional Info :
10. Under Armour Men’s Tech 2.0 Short-Sleeve T-Shirt , Steel Light Heather (036)/Black, X-Large
- UA Tech fabric is quick-drying, ultra-soft & has a more natural feel
- Material wicks sweat & dries really fast
- New, streamlined fit & shaped hem
- Loose: Fuller cut for complete comfort
Additional Info :
|Color||Steel Light Heather (036)/Black|
How Do Fabrics Stay Cool?
Incorporating cooling technology into the fibers of the individual fabrics that make up an article of clothing is essential in maintaining a cool touch. When this is done, the fabric’s cooling properties are enhanced to their full potential, and the degree to which the temperature of the human body rises when clothing is added to the body is reduced.
The cool touch design also incorporates moisture-wicking properties, which draw perspiration away from the body and into and out of the wearer’s clothing. If you want to experience the full benefits of this moisture-wicking magic, it is best to put this in close contact with your skin and wear it as clothing. We designed our Performance Foundation Crew as a base layer for use during outdoor activity and exercise that is extremely breathable and dries quickly. This layer is intended to be worn on its own, without any other internal layers. Because the base layer is also antibacterial, any odor that may have been caused by sweat will be eliminated when it does its job of absorbing moisture and drying out.
What is Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF)?
Cotton has a looser weave than synthetic fabrics, which means that cotton typically has a lower Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) rating than synthetic fabrics. The Skin Cancer Foundation suggests that for your clothing to be sun protective, you should wear fabrics with a UPF rating of at least 30+. The typical UV protection factor (UPF) rating for cotton fabric is 5. These synthetic fabrics are breathable but have a denser weave that protects against sunlight. Our MuskOx performance cooling shits have a rating of 30+, which is considered to be very good. Because of this, less ultraviolet radiation will be able to reach your skin, making this an option that is suitable for use when going into the sun.
The ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) rating of darker colors is higher than that of lighter colors or pastels. Even though it’s true that lighter colors attract less heat, darker colors are the best choice for protecting yourself from the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Best Cooling Shirt Buying Guide
The best cooling shirt can be purchased in various styles and colors. You’ll need to consider the features the shirt includes as well as the UPF rating. Choosing the right shirt is largely determined by where and how it will be worn. Picking out a sun shirt should be based on a few factors:
As the temperature rises in the summer, shirts that control body temperature can be helpful. There are, however, shirts that offer varying degrees of sun protection. Several of these garments ensure that you stay cool while being fully protected from the sun’s rays.
UV protection measures a garment’s level of sun protection using UPF ratings. If you need a cooling t-shirt for work that protects against UV rays, look no further than the Arctic Cool Shirt from earlier in the article.
Buy something with the newfangled cooling technology, most notably by Columbia or Under Armour, if you’re going to be in an exceptionally hot place, like Death Valley. The shirts are quite loud, so if you’re planning on using them in a photo op, you might want to bring another tee for photo ops that you would be comfortable wearing.
Style is unique, so we won’t tell you what to wear, not right now, not ever. Most people wear sun shirts based on their personal preference, and sun shirts come in many different cuts. Swimmers, surfers, and anyone who spends a lot of time in direct sunlight can benefit from wearing a hood if they want to keep the sun at bay. The loop to tie the belt to your shorts and thumb holders would be nice. If you’re fishing, you should also have plenty of pockets, and the best way to do that is a button-up shirt with many pockets.
In spite of the fact that the sun shirts featured in this guide are generally marketed to men, anyone can wear any style, size, and brand they desire, regardless of the gender they are claiming it is for. There are some differences in the sizing of men’s and women’s shirts. Their shoulders are generally wider and they have a less fitted or shapely cut.
But most importantly, the gear must fit correctly and function as required.
Some of our top picks are on the heavy or bulky side if you’re looking to travel light or live lightly. If we are looking for other picks, then we should pass on those.
Can I Sleep In a Cooling Shirt?
It’s definitely possible! Additionally, cooling shirts lower your body temperature when you’re asleep since they help you stay cool when you’re exercising. Throughout the night, the shirt’s wicking and cooling properties remain active. Those who plan to wear a sleeping shirt to bed should choose a loose-fitting shirt or a cooling shirt with long sleeves.
When you are sweating more during the night in hotter locations, the shirt’s active cooling function will still be activated to give you that extra boost in cooling. In order to best meet your cooling needs at night, you should instead invest in a high quality cooling shirt rather than buy expensive and gimmick-y solutions.
Can Children Wear Cooling Shirts?
The answer is again a resounding yes. Several brands make cooling shirts in smaller sizes for kids. As young as three can buy shirt brands, making them the perfect companion when your kids and you walk home from school in the afternoon when the weather is hot.
Unlike a regular cotton shirt, cooling shirts actually make kids feel cooler. I have received many compliments on how cool it is and how awesome it feels. You should choose cooling shirts with a UPF+50 rating to keep your kids cool during hot weather.
How Long Can a Cooling Shirt Keep Me Cool?
The cooling shirts keep working as long as you wear them, sweat them, or do physical activities. While wearing these shirts allows you to experience both passive and active cooling effects. If you take off your cooling shirt, then you will not be able to cool down.
Wet shirts perform better in terms of cooling because they stay cooler longer. Those beads embedded into the weave contribute to this because of the hydrophilic properties. In order for the beads in the shirt to remain swollen, the amount of sweat on the shirt increases. Additionally, the shirt’s cooling effect is significantly increased.
Do cooling shirts really work?
However, companies have never actually perfected the body’s natural cooling process despite devising cheats like menthol-like chemical coatings on fabrics. Cooling shirts made of other materials did not perform as well against human skin in tests.
How do cooling shirts work?
Your body is cooled by sweat evaporating from the shirt. You can also cool yourself down by moving air through T-shirt material, and you can do that through ventilation holes or mesh. In addition to reducing clinginess and insulating properties, materials can be made to resist creep.
Finding shirts that keep you cool in the heat can be challenging when so many options exist. If you follow these guidelines, however, you should be far more likely to end up with a shirt that proves to be both high-quality and extremely enjoyable as you go about your daily duties. These companies can also design fabric that conserves heat by trapping it near the skin. Sadly, companies often provide vague descriptions of the science behind these technologies.
I prefer moisture-wicking shirts with specific cooling effects and made of fabric designed to deliver those benefits even though moisture-wicking shirts can sometimes offer some relief. Choosing your favorite shirt is all that’s left in this process!