Working with unfinished wood necessitates a little more caution to prevent staining adjacent wood (if you’re unsure, it’s probably finished). I used a rag to apply everything, but for better control, you might want to use a cotton swab.
Products called wood scratch covers and removers are used to hide or get rid of scratches on wooden surfaces. Both finished and unfinished wood can be used with them. These products come in a wide range of brands and varieties on the market. To complement the wood finish, these products typically come in a variety of colors. For some of the best wood scratch covers & removers on the market, check out Amazon.com.
Best wood scratch repair With Specifications
1. Furniture Repair Kit Wood Markers – Set of 13 – Markers and Wax Sticks with Sharpener Kit, for Stains, Scratches, Wood Floors, Tables, Desks, Carpenters, Bedposts, Touch Ups, and Cover Ups
- Choose between a 13-piece and a 17-piece furniture repair kit, Wide Range of Uses: It has both markers and crayon type filler, very easy to fill the scratch, discoloration, hole or separation gaps, Ideal for any kind of wooden furniture.
- The 13-piece kit includes Six Repair Markers, Six Paper Wrapped Wax Sticks Crayon Type Filler, and One Wax Stick Sharpener Nicely Packaged in a Blister Style Packaging. 6 UNIQUE COLORS – to match the color of your furniture.
- The 17-piece Includes Eight Repair Markers, Eight Paper Wrapped Wax Sticks Crayon Type Filler, and One Wax Stick Sharpener Nicely Packaged in a Blister Style Packaging. 8 UNIQUE COLORS – to match the color of your furniture.
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Top quality markers and wax sticks that cover scratches, nicks, scuffs, and discoloration on furniture, cabinets, tables, beds and more. 100% effective and permanent, Multiple colors to ensure the closest match with your furniture.
- EASY TO USE – Simply draw over the scratch, allow it to quickly dry, and watch the scratches disappear right before your eyes! These are to use on all types of wooden furniture. Use the included sharpener to sharpen the wax sticks.
Additional Info :
|Color||Six Colorway Kit|
2. Old English Scratch Cover, 8 Fl Oz (Pack of 1), Browm
- Old English Scratch Cover restores damaged wood
- Helps restore wood surfaces
- Hides unsightly scratches & nicks
- Available in formulas for light woods or for dark woods
- For use on: kitchen cabinets, wood furniture and wood paneling
Additional Info :
3. Old English Scratch Cover for Light Woods, 8 Fl Oz.
- restore damaged
- lighter woods
Additional Info :
4. Rejuvenate New Improved Colors Wood Furniture & Floor Repair Markers Make Scratches Disappear in Any Color Wood Combination of 6 Colors Maple Oak Cherry Walnut Mahogany and Espresso
- NEW AND IMPROVED COLORS to better match your furniture and floors. Makes Scratches Disappear & Wood Colors to Blend & Match All Wood Tones
- Rejuvenate Wood Furniture & Floor Repair Markers Make Scratches Disappear in Any Color Wood – 6 Colors; Maple, Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Mahogany, Espresso & Fill in scratches, scuffs and damage before you add luster and shine
- 6 colors; maple, oak, cherry, walnut, mahogany and espresso and can be blended together for more shades
- Easily apply to damaged area with exact color matching or gradually blend light colors with dark colors to achieve your perfect color
- Works great on hardwood and laminate floors, furniture and to restore kitchen cabinets
- Makes Scratches Disappear
- ^ Wood Colors to Blend & Match All Wood Tones
- Easy to Use
Additional Info :
5. Scratch Remover for Dark Wood Furniture and Floor Cover Nicks and Scratches, Camouflage Minor Defects (8oz / 236 Ml)
- 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗘 – Scratch cover for dark woods, restore the original wooden looks of your furniture and your floor.
- 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗔𝗜𝗥 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗧 – Perfect for wood scratch repair, our formula will help protect your furniture from spills and prevent cracks.
- 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟 𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗜𝗖𝗘 – For all furniture scratch repair, no wax and no build stick build up upon applying our restoration formula.
- 𝗘𝗖𝗢-𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗟𝗬 – Our scratch repair solution is coconut oil-based witch helps promote a better home and a better planet.
- 𝟭𝟬𝟬% 𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 – We proudly stand by the quality of our scratch conceiler and you are backed by our 30 Day no questions asked satisfaction guarantee.
Additional Info :
|Color||Dark Wood Tones|
6. Katzco Furniture Repair Kit Wood Markers – Set of 13 – Markers and Wax Sticks with Sharpener – for Stains, Scratches, Floors, Tables, Desks, Carpenters, Bedposts, Touch-Ups, Cover-Ups, Molding Repair
- PRODUCT DETAILS – This 13 piece kit includes 6 Repair Markers, 6 paper wrapped wax sticks and 1 wax stick sharpener packaged in a blister card.
- 6 UNIQUE COLORS – Maple, Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Mahogany and Black to match the color of your furniture. Now there’s no need for you to call a professional to retouch your scuffed furniture. Become the pro yourself!
- MARKERS & WOOD FILLER STICKS – Our furniture crayon wax sticks are a great way to fill in deep scratches and knicks. Katzco’s premium furniture crayon for scratches are the perfect addition to your home improvement tool kit.
- MAKE TOUCH UPS A BREEZE – It only takes seconds to rejuvenate your wood floor and unsightly furniture scratches to like-new appearance! Scratch repair is something everyone can do!
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Top quality markers and wax sticks that cover scratches, nicks, scuffs, and discoloration on furniture, cabinets, tables, beds and more. 100% effective and permanent.
- EASY TO USE – Simply draw over the scratch, allow it to quickly dry, and watch the scratches disappear right before your eyes! These are safe to use on all types of wooden furniture. Use the included sharpener to sharpen the wax sticks.
Additional Info :
7. Tibet Almond Stick Scratch Remover Most Amazing Wooden Surface Stain Remover And Give Perfect New Look To Wood Products
- ☑ FEATURES: Wipeout furniture scratches quick as a wink, Lasts for many years, Perfect for furniture, flooring, and antiques, Simple to use Make your furniture look new again.
- ☑ STAIN REMOVER: This might be the most amazing surface scratch, watermark and heat stain remover for wood. The scratch will disappear Quick As A Wink. Wipe off excess with an absorbent tissue. Can’t spill or stain.
- ☑ EASY AND SIMPLE USE: Just open up the can, and remove the stick. Unwrap the foil wrapper and rub either end on the scratch. The scratch will disappear Quick As A Wink. Wipe off excess with an absorbent tissue. Can’t spill or stain.
- ☑ STICK SMELL: The stick has a nice smell but is colorless when rubbed on a scratch. There is no need to peel the label or cut the stick. The liquid will continue to flow to the end of the stick until it is gone.
- ☑ PERFECT PRODUCT: Each and every Almond Stick is checked by hand to assure that our customers receive nothing less than a perfect product.
Additional Info :
8. Furniture Markers Touch Up, Upgrade Wood Furniture Repair Kit, Premium Wood Scratch Repair Markers and Wax Sticks for Wood Stains Scratches Hardwood Wooden Floors Tables, Set of 17
- Product Details: 17 piece furniture repair kit, 8 touch up markers and 8 wax sticks with 1 sharpener.
- Enough Color Options: Markers and wax sticks both come with 8 colors – maple, oak, cherry, walnut, mahogany, white, gray and black. Match any colors of your furniture. You can repair furniture by yourself, do not need ask experience professional to retouch your scratched furniture.
- Wide Range of Uses: It has both markers and crayon type filler, very easy to fill the scratch, discoloration, hole or separation gaps, it’s a great ideal for any kind of wooden furniture.
- Easy to Use: Dry in seconds, no more visible scratches, dents, crack, should be in everyone’s home DIY toolbox!
- Quality Warranty: If you are not satisfied with our products, please contact us, we will unconditionally provide you with a refund or exchange service, so that you can buy at ease.
Additional Info :
9. Coconix Floor and Furniture Repair Kit – Restorer of Your Wooden Table, Cabinet, Veneer, Door and Nightstand – Super Easy Instructions Matches Any Color – Restore Any Wood, Cherry, Walnut, Hardwood
- Super easy filler for chip, crack, hole fill, screw or knot cover, scratch remover, blemish touch up
- Excellent fix for best finish in any colored desk, shelf, molding, laminate, edging, baseboard, deck
- Repair compound, no glue, pen, markers, wax, paint, crayon set needed
- Superior results on any material including painted or natural, dark, light, mahogany, maple, oak.
- 100% satisfaction and manufacturer guarantee; 30-day money back and 1 year free replacement warranty
Additional Info :
10. Ram-Pro Furniture Markers Touch Up Repair System – 12Pc Scratch Restore Kit – 6 Felt Tip Wood Markers, 6 Wax Stick Crayons | Colors: Maple, Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Mahogany, Black
- Perfect repair set for vintage furniture
- Just retouch by drawing over scratches, nick or discoloration with this tool & watch them disappear permanently
- Large felt-tip furniture restore marker and paper wrapped wax stick premium kit contains a special carpenter quality stain to match wood finishes
- Instantly cover blemishes, scuffs, nicks on scratched wood, wood-veneer, desk furniture, floors, trim, cabinets, tables, bedposts, doors, frames, etc.
- 6 Large felt-tip touch up markers and 6 cover up wax crayons contain special stain to match 6 unique wood shades: cherry, mahogany, walnut, black, maple, and oak
Additional Info :
|Color||cherry, mahogany, walnut, black, maple, oak|
How To Remove Scratches From Wood Furniture With Vinegar
To do this, you’ll need:
- White vinegar (Cider vinegar will also work)
- Olive oil
- Two worn-out cotton rags
Why do we recommend white vinegar?
Typically, white vinegar is composed of 95% water and 5% acetic acid. These characteristics make it the perfect cleaning solution and aid in the minor scratch repair. Acetic acid will help fill the scratch by interacting with the surrounding finish.
Why do we recommend olive oil?
A stronger white vinegar solution than you would use to clean your table is simply required to fix minor scratches. White vinegar and oil should be combined because too much acetic acid alone can harm the finish on the tabletop. As the olive oil absorbs into the exposed wood within the scratch, it will also enhance the final outcome. While also shielding the wood from moisture, this helps achieve a darker color that blends in with the rest of the finish. Last but not least, olive oil is a natural substance that is safe for consumption, making it ideal for surface use.
However, to ensure that a solution won’t harm the top finish, we firmly advise that you always apply it to a small test area first.
Here is our straightforward 5-step method for using vinegar to remove scratches:
Step 1 – Mix Olive Oil and Vinegar
In a bowl or cup, combine 100ml (one part) white vinegar and 200ml (two parts) olive oil and stir well.
Step 2 – Dip Cotton Rag Into Mixture
Dip a soft cotton rag into the cup, allowing the rag to absorb the solution. Make sure the rag is squeezed so that no extra moisture drips from it.
Step 3 – Apply the Soaked Rag to Your Tabletop
Over the scratched area of your tabletop, apply the wet rag. Rub the scratched area in a circular motion, and then finish by rubbing the cloth against the grain.
Step 4 – Leave Mixture on Surface
Allow the mixture to sit on the tabletop for two minutes. As a result, the oil can penetrate the scratches.
Step 5 – Buff With Fresh Cotton Cloth
Remove any excess solution by wiping it off with a clean, new rag. Next, rub against the grain. Make sure the tabletop is clean and free of any residue.
Until the scratches are gone, repeat this procedure several times. It’s possible that your scratches are too deep if they don’t seem to go away. If your scratches are too deep, scroll down and read the next section, which describes how to use crayons to remove deeper scratches.
Best Wood Scratch Repair Buying Guide
Products called “wood scratch repair” are used to hide or get rid of scratches on wooden surfaces. Both finished and unfinished wood can be used with them. These products come in a wide range of brands and varieties on the market. To complement the wood finish, these products typically come in a variety of colors. For some of the best wood scratch repair on the market, check out this buying guide.
Different Wood Scratch Cover Types
The market is flooded with different kinds of wood scratch covers and removers. While some of these products are made to merely conceal scratches, others are made to actually get rid of them. Make sure to select the type based on your needs.
The cost of best wood scratch repair may vary by brand and level of quality. We advise you to investigate every seller and purchase from the best seller at the best price.
Verify that the wood scratch repair have clear instructions. The product may not be effective enough or may damage the wood if used incorrectly or in excess.
Depending on its quality, wood scratch repair will perform differently. To make sure you’re purchasing the right quality, we advise you to read the customer reviews and ratings.
Shades and Colors
Shade and marker color options are the most important things to consider. To truly hide scratches and imperfections, it is crucial to choose ink that matches your furniture’s color. You can mix a marker’s different colors and shades to create the perfect shade by choosing a marker with various color options.
Markers come in a variety of forms, some of them in the form of repair kits. To find the right match for your furniture, check the cap colors and the description. To be safe, choose a lighter shade when in doubt. By building it up to the right color for the wood, you will be able to complement the color of your wood.
Choosing the perfect blend of colors for the furniture is essential and the last thing you want is for it to be easy to wash. If you are using ink, be sure it is long-lasting. The surface should be smudge-proof and UV-resistant. Wood tends to fade when exposed to UV rays.
Is it easy to blend? If you want to create the shade you’re hoping for, choose markers which mix well with the other colors. Markers shouldn’t be merely placed on top of another color. The wood should be able to absorb both of them effectively as they work together.
Easy drying ability
Make sure the marker dries quickly. You can then create an exact match by building up the colors.
If you apply them on a wood surface with a matte appearance, some markers will appear glossy to you. When viewed close up, they might appear inconspicuous from a distance.
Easy to use
Spreading out is easy? Ink markers with bullet tips are useful for getting ink into the deeper scratches. If you apply the marker properly, you shouldn’t have to worry about smearing it everywhere. Some markers are forgiving. If you made a mistake, you might be able to clean them off with alcohol.
How do I get scratches out of wood?
Make a paste of mineral oil and pumice and rub it into scratches on wooden furniture (available at hardware stores and paint shops). Scratched areas can be treated by rubbing extra-fine steel wool into the mixture. Once it has been thoroughly cleaned, wipe it away with a dry cloth.
What is the best wood floor scratch remover?
It is possible to remove scratches from wood by combining baking soda and olive oil. Clean the damaged areas thoroughly with a vacuum cleaner, then apply baking soda moistened with olive oil and allow to dry. Using a soft sponge, buff in the product after five minutes.
Does vinegar remove deep scratches from wood?
Using vinegar and oil from your kitchen, you can fix scratches quickly! Apply the mixture to wood scratches with a paper towel or rag. Mix 3/4 cup vegetable oil with 1/4 cup white vinegar. Totally disguises shallow scratches and blends into existing wood!
Does beeswax really work on wood?
A beeswax furniture polish restores wood furniture to its former glory safely and naturally. Finish the unfinished wood with it, polish finished furniture, or fix damaged items with it. One suggestion called for sanding it down and applying beeswax to polish it.
Can you sand scratches out of wood?
Fine sandpaper is required for the first method, as is patience. Essentially, you just rub the sandpaper slowly and carefully over the scratch, moving along the grain of the wood. Take a soft cloth and apply the solution to the wood. Using wax crayons can help you match colors if you are having trouble.
Best wood scratch repair is the most reliable and efficient way to make your scratched floor look new. Scratches in hardwood floors can be caused by a variety of things, such as pests or furniture moving across the surface.
However, whatever it was that caused your scratches, you don’t have to live with them.