Electric cars are here to stay. With manufacturers making more affordable models and UK infrastructure getting better with each passing year, many people are choosing to make the switch to plug-in power.
That’s good news for the environment, and good news for future generations.
With green machines becoming ever more popular, there are more options for car insurance cover designed for pure electric vehicles.
So whether you’ve toyed around with getting a Tesla, or already loving life in your Nissan Leaf, insuring an electric vehicle is simple.
A good electric car insurance policy might include:
- Recovery if you run out of charge
- Electric or hybrid hire car options
- Battery cover
- Cover for cables and home chargers
Don’t forget! You may want to consider the following car insurance cover as well:
- Accidental damage cover
- European cover
- Vandalism cover
- Replacement child car seats
- Cover for new locks and keys
Ready to get a quote for electric car insurance?
So you can be prepared and have the right documents to hand, your insurer may need to know:
- Personal details like your date of birth, address and occupation*
- Driving license information*
- Details of any claims, accidents, driving bans or endorsements*
- The amount of no claim discount (NCD) years you have
- The make, model, specification and year your car was first registered
- Details of any changes to the standard specification of the car
- Your estimated annual mileage
*Information may also be required for any named drivers
Information courtesy of LV=.
Useful tools to help you on your way
Find your perfect electric vehicleFind the EV for you
with our Car Selector
Find out how much you could save by driving an electric vehicleCompare tax costs
Find your nearest charge point with the interactive mapFind charging points
Discover how much you could save in 3 easy stepsCheck journey cost savings